Sunday, October 27, 2013

Monster Babbies

Hello friends,
How's things? It's all busy-busy-busy round here. In fact, here is a list of the things I "haven't had time" to do in the last month or so: finish painting the front door, tidy away the two piles of papers either side of my computer, read that novel beside my bed, ring that tradesman to do that job that needs doing, decide what shoes I'm going to wear to M's wedding, etc.
But guess what I DID find time to do: Make monster babies. Yes that's right, monster babies.
 
Monster babies are tiny and cute. However, they also do monstrous poos and weese and so they have to wear tiny monster nappies.
 
I wish these babies had come from my own imagination, but no, I saw them in a book, Microcrafts. I immediately recognized them as a great handmade Christmas gift for two quirky children I know. While my children pretend to be grown ups wanting ipods and motorized lego and all manner and means of expensive accessories, I knew they'd just flip for a monster baby with monster nappies, maybe also with a little monster bed, a monster pillow, and a wee monster blanket (accessories not yet made, we'll see if I "have time"). 
I threw these three together while I watched the News one night to gauge the general level of interest. As soon as I was finished the kids started with the bagsies and requesting that more be made, according to the pictures they were just off to draw. Aha! They do still like crazy homemade stuff after all. I'll make weird craft aficionados of them yet! What more could a mother want for her children?

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humour!
    The little monsters look so fun and great, and put a big smile on my face. Yay for your children asking for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyle, you always leave the sweetest comments.

      Delete
  2. What more could a mother want indeed. They are so cute. The boys have come up wiht a marvellous suggestion this year for Christmas presents. We buy 1 game for the family (a big strategy game like trains, or CAtan, those European ones) and then just have a little stocking each hurrah. That fits perfectly with my shopping preferences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need some tips on how to encourage that sort of frugality in my children. At present they are petitioning for a drastic increase in the scale of Christmas. Bah humbug!

      Delete
  3. Very cute Miss Smith and I very much like the new blog layout - the background is particularly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. Have I mentioned lately how much I miss your blog? I wish you had another one. Or the old one.

      Delete
    2. I miss it too. Bring back Make it Smirk!

      Delete
  4. They are so so cute! I would like some for Christmas myself.

    And I also love the new look of your blog. I just want to grab some felt pens and colour in all the birds and butterflies and flowers. I must be some kind of weird craft aficianado myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful what you wish for Nic! You may well end up with some as a random gift.
      Love your new website BTW

      Delete
  5. Hi Miss Smith! I'm a long time fan of your monsters. Friends have recently had a new baby & their 2 yr old girl is absolutely smitten with nappy changes etc, is it possible for me to buy one of your monster babbies for her to practise on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran into this page accidentally, surprisingly, this is a great website. The site owner has carried out a superb job of putting it together, the info here is really and helpful when i do research. You just secured yourself a guarenteed reader.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete